Friday, April 23, 2010

Pickin' Strawberries

Yesterday Thomas and I had our first Mother-Son outing. We've done many things together but this was our first activity that was outside of our normal activities.


We meet the ladies and other kids from our women's group at a local strawberry farm to pick strawberries. I wasn't sure how Thomas would do but I decided to let him walk (i.e hold his hands and/or carry him).


He is a county boy at heart. He really go into it. He would look through the vines and would reach back and pull red strawberries off the vines. He only grabbed two green ones. He loved putting them in the basket.

This was so much fun for me because I really saw how much he's grown over the past year. He's a very smart little boy and I can't wait to see the other things he can do.

I also thought we picked too many strawberries but we've ate over half of them in the past 24 hours. I have a feeling I'll be going back at least once with both kids.




He's looking for a red one. He would bob up and down while he was looking. It was so cute.


Ooh, he found one he wants.



Don't worry Mom, I'll get it for you.



It's right here.


I got it. Can I eat it?





1 comment:

Uncle Tim said...

That's so sweet and fun. That's great that he could figure out what to pick on his own.