Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cranberry Caramel Bars

Do you ever wonder what to make with fresh cranberries? I love cranberry juice and cranberry sauce but other than that I've never know what to do with those fresh cranberries. This weekend I discovered a delicious way to enjoy them and I just had to share the recipe. Plus it was super easy.

One of the ladies that I work shared this with us and all of us loved them even Arden. If you try the bars let me know if you like them. I have a feeling this will be a favorite of ours. Sorry there are no pictures because we ate them all.

Ingredients
1 c. fresh cranberries (next time I am going to double it but that's just to my liking)
1 T. sugar
2 and 1/3 cup flour divided
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups uncooked regular oats
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 c. melted butter
3/4 cup finely chopped dates (find them in the isle with the raisins)
1 c. chopped pecans (optional)
1 (12 oz) jar caramel sauce

Stir together cranberries and 2 T. sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.

Combine 2 c. flour and next 4 ingredients; stir in melted butter until crumbly. Reserve 1 c. flour mixture. Press in remaining mixture into a bottom of lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.

Bake at 350% for 15 min.

Sprinkle dates, pecans and cranberry mixture over crust.

Stir together caramel sauce and remaining 1/3 c. flour together. Spoon/pour over cranberries.

Sprinkle with reserved 1 cup flour mixture.

Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and cut into bars.

Yields: 2 dozen

No comments: