Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Day of (Pre) School



Well today was the big day that Arden has been waiting for since the winter. Her first day of school. She woke up around 7:30 am and ran to her light and flipped it on. Ran out to me with her clothes in her hands and exclaimed "I'm going to school!" She then runs back into her room and preceeds to get dressed without any help.




She eats all of her breakfast without me having to ask or remind her. So by 8:15 she was ready for school but it didn't start until 9:30. When it was time to leave she grabbed her backpack and headed to the car.




You would have thought she had gone to school before by the way she acted. We walked in and she checked in and the went straight to her classroom. Put her backpack in her cubby hole and walked in and immediately started playing.




Thomas and I left and picked her back up right on time since it was her first day. She walked out of her classroom and waved to me and grabbed her backpack, waved by to her teacher and walked out the door.




On the way out she told me that she had a great day. In the car she asked me if I left her while she was at school. I told her that I just went to the grocery store and back home to work. She replied with a very sad voice "You went to the grocery store without me?" I told her that I had to go and get some orange juice because I know it's your favorite.




She replied "ok, can I come back tomorrow?"




I think she liked it.




Later in the day she told me her favorite time was circle time where they read stories. My favorite part of the day was watching her enjoy herself.




I really am proud of her. I just can't believe she's three.

For some reason she has started doing this really weird smile. So these pictures are of her smiling.






1 comment:

Candice {The Beautiful Mess} said...

I love your stories Lisa. Arden is SO smart and I just love her sweet independent little self!