Friday, September 18, 2009

Remembering

This week we took time to remember Dave's dad Craig. Tuesday, Sept. 15 marked a year since Dave's dad Craig lost his battle with cancer.

I still can't believe that a year has already passed for us. There were so many times that we've missed Craig. It just doesn't seem fair that we don't have him around anymore. For me the hardest is when I see my children and know that he would have enjoyed them so much and would want to be an active part of their lives.

The thing that struck me this week is that Craig finished well. He never gave up hope on being healed or stopped doing the things he loved. Even though he left many things unfinished he never gave up on living his life to the fullest and that is something to be proud of. It is something for us to remember when life gets hard and something to instill in our children.

No comments: