Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas Eve Services

I am really behind but one day I will catch up. Our church has unbelievable Christmas Eve services. The church rents out the Belk Theater uptown and celebrates Jesus' birthday like no other.

I love going to Christmas eve services in the city. Since I grew up in WV I think about Christmas eve services as very quiet, quaint, lots of snow and cold. As a child I love Christmas Eve service and as an adult I look forward to going home to the tradition. But now that I am an adult with two kids I have a different experience here. My childhood was very special and it's neat that I don't have to try and compare today to then. I am able to enjoy both.

Anyway...Uptown is all decorated with lights and horse draw carriages. Outside the theater is a jazz band playing Christmas. It is so festive.


On our way to check the children into E-Kidz. Santa was there to welcome them. Arden normally does not go near Santa but she had her picture taken with him. Thomas was enthralled by Santa and really liked him.

The service was great and we were so thankful to celebrate Jesus' Birthday!




No comments: