Friday, July 25, 2008

Customer in Training


Arden and I needed to get out of the house because it the weather wasn't good enough to go to the pool and we both were going stir crazy. So we ran a few errands and on the way home I needed to stop at the grocery store.


I purposely went to the Harris Teeter that had little shopping carts for kids. Arden is getting bored riding in the seat and if she walks she wants to push the big cart which is counter productive for me. So going to a store where she could push a cart seemed fantastic to me. I was only planning on picking up a couple of things so I just let her push the cart.


She loved it. And I might add she was a little bossy when it came to pushing her cart. She would not let me help in any way. If I would touch her cart in any way she would stop and push my hand off of it. She had this thing under control. She did very well pushing the cart through the store. She watch where she was going and did not run into anyone or anything.


To my amazement she only took one item off the shelf and put it into her cart and that was a fresh peach. So I checked the firmness of it and let her keep it. When we were finished she pushed the cart up to the check out, turned to me for our VIC card and proceeded to talk to the cashier. All of the cashiers got such a kick out of her. I would like to think that she made their day.


The best part was that since she was in control of the shopping she decided that as we were leaving the store with our purchase she had one more thing on her list. She pushed the cart over to the balloon rack and picked herself out one to take home.


I'm going to have to remember to take her to that store more often. I can always use a little extra help.

No comments: