Monday, July 14, 2008

Pool?

Arden thoroughly enjoyed the beach. The first day we were there she just took off running towards the water and never looked back. She was laughing and trying to swim. One time she got knocked down by a wave and she started kicking her feet and holding her head up. I was so proud that she remembered what we have been working on at the pool.


She also enjoyed playing in the sand. Her Uncle Tim would build sand castles for her and she would come by and just knock them down as fast as he could get them up. It was a great first day.


I really know that she really enjoyed the beach because the next morning said it all. That night we tried having her sleep in the lower bunk and start transitioning into a big bed but that didn't work. Since the pack in play was in the other room and others were sleeping she ended up sleeping with Dave and I ended up on the bottom bunk. (I had a great night of sleep, while Dave was repeatedly kicked throughout the night. I think I got the better end of the deal but I digress.)


The first thing in the morning (literally around 6 am) Arden woke up and popped her head up and said "Pool?" She looked at Dave, slid off the bed, walked over to me, patted me on the head and said "pool?" again. I asked her if she wanted to go to the beach and she replied "yes". I told her that it was too early to go and that we would go after breakfast.


Apparently, this was not the answer she was looking for because she unzipped her sleeper and started to put her sunscreen on. It was so cute. Dave and I were quiet as we watched her and it was so fun to watch her in her element.


Here's a picture of her and Dave on the beach.


No comments: