Saturday, December 20, 2008

Overheard

Here are some samples of conversations that we've had with Arden this week.

Dave: "Arden can Daddy watch football?"

Arden: "No Daddy, it's my show. Sorry."

Trying to get Arden to potty.

Me: "Arden let's go potty."

Arden: "No thanks Mommy."


After having lunch with Dave this week at the office.

Arden: "I want Daddy to come home with us."

Me: "Arden, Daddy has to stay and work."

Arden: "Daddy stay and talk on the phone."

While reading a book:

Arden: "He has boats on his pajamas"

Me: "That's right, he does."

Arden: "I have Popsicles on my shirt." referring to the Popsicle stain she just put on her shirt.

After spilling some lemonade out of the pitcher:

Arden: Are-ee Wylde! What have you done?

Me: Speechless and trying not to laugh at her.

Getting ready to go to the store:

Me: "Arden do you want to go to the store?"

Arden: "Yes but I want to drive."

Me: "Do you know how to drive?"

Arden: "Sure."

As we are leaving the house:

Arden: "Bye Jesus" -- referring to Jesus in our nativity.

1 comment:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

She's such a doll and is just SO smart! I can't believe how fast she is growing!!