Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Year In Reflection


As 2009 quickly approaches I wanted to take the time to reflect on our year. 2008 was a very hard year for us. Honestly, I am glad for this this year to move on and I am looking forward to the new year.


In January Dave's dad Craig was diagnosed with Stage 4 stomach and liver cancer and given only 4-6 months to live. Craig was determined with the LORD's help to beat the diagnosis and he did. He lived 8 months and is now in heaven. We are so thankful we were able to spend some long weekends with him throughout the year. We are also grateful that we were able to spend a week with him at the beach this summer. Dave will cherish swimming in the ocean with his dad as it was one of their favorite things to do together.


In early July Dave and I found out that we were expecting another child. In October we found out we are going to be blessed with a little boy. We are so excited to get the full parenting experience by having both a daughter and son.


Other than these two events the year blurs together. So this year I am going to take Colleen's approach and share my hopes for the year and the other things I am looking forward to experiencing.


I pray/hope for ... an uneventful birth of a healthy little boy at the beginning/middle of March.


I pray/hope for ... the LORD's continual favor our on our family.



I hope for a less stressful year.

I can't wait to watch Arden with her baby brother.


I can't wait to meet our son and introduce him to everyone.


I hope to provide traditions for my children that turn into great memories.


I want to take the time to cherish and enjoy my children while they are here because I know that it will be only a matter of time before they are in college and on their own. Arden's 2 1/2 years have gone by so fast.




No comments: