Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Love for the Word

Today Arden and I were heading out for our bible study and Arden told me that she wanted to take her bible. We've really never given her bible to play with but I thought OK...I'll hand her the bible she received at her baby dedication thinking she would put it in her purse and that would be the end of it.

I was wrong. She held on to her bible flipping through it all the way there. She put it in her bag and took it into the group. At the end of our time she comes running in with her bible in her hand. Apparently she read and played with it the entire time.

On the way home she told me that she wanted to read her bible and she again flipped through it until she feel asleep.

Tonight just before bed we were reading bedtime stories and before she climbed in bed she ran and got her bible. She laid down and hugged her bible tight and feel asleep holding it. She has taking such a great job of being careful with it.

I pray that she always has a love for the Word of God.

Here a picture I captured of her once we got home with her asleep in the car holding her bible.

No comments: