Wednesday, January 14, 2009

True Colors

Arden is having a hard time remembering her colors. There for a while everything was blue, then red and now green. I was starting to wonder if she was colorblind. So I got a great idea from Parents magazine to use paint samples as a memory game.

So I headed to a local hardware store and picked up some fun paint chips in the primary colors. I place them out and asked her to find the ones that were alike. The first try she made a few mistakes but now she is a pro. She asks everyday to play her new game. She will play it several times a couple of times in a row. So she's not colorblind...however, she's still having problems matching the names with the colors. I'm sure that it will come. If anyone has any great suggestions on how to help her remember the color names I would love to hear them.




No comments: