Monday, December 7, 2009

Overheard

Last week Dave came home from work sick with a fever. He went straight to bed and I took him some medicine downstairs. My little helper was very concerned about her father so she followed me downstairs.

Arden: "Daddy, what's wrong? Are you OK?"

Dave: "Arden, my feet are slow today." This is what she told us when she was sick a few weeks ago.

Arden in a sweet, gentle voice: "Well, maybe we could get a giant to carry you."

__________________________________________________________

Me: "Arden, what do you think we should get Daddy for Christmas?"

Arden: "How about a spider-man mask?"

Me: "I'm not sure he needs a spider-man mask. What else do you think he would like?"

Arden: "How about a cattoo?"

Me (trying not to laugh): "A tattoo?"

Arden: "Yeah, a tattoo he doesn't have one."

Me: "Your right he doesn't have one of those."