Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Stocking Hung with Love

My friend Jen made Arden a Christmas stocking. It is amazing! Really, it's amazing. The stocking took her three years to make and this is the first Christmas that it will be used.


The stocking is so special to me and I know that in the future it will be special to Arden. Can you imagine in 20 years she will look at that stocking and know how special it is to her.


Jen wrote Arden a very special letter about the stocking and Arden understood how special it was because she took it right away to be hung with the other stockings.


My camera does not do the stocking justice. I wish you could see the details of the stitching. It really is beautiful.






Jen,

Thank you so much for the time and energy that you put into Arden's stocking. It will be cherished and taken well care of. Thank you so much. We love you.

1 comment:

Marie Marsicano said...

This is awesome!!!

My great Aunt made me a crochet stocking many, many years ago and I still hang it every year.

Sentimental gifts are the best.