Friday, June 27, 2008

A Helpful DMV?

Is it possible for the DMV to be actually helpful? I've lived in 4 different states and have experienced several DMVs. When we moved to NC I found the DMV to be the most difficult one that I have ever used. First of all it is not one stop shopping. You have to stand in a very long line to get your drivers license and then drive across town to get your licence plate and tags again stand in a long line again. So frustrating.

Well the other day I made a big mistake in mailing in my renewal form for the DMV. I wrote the check and then I absentmindedly tore off the carbon copy instead of the check and mailed that to the DMV. I didn't discover this mistake until a week later when I was writing another check.

I was horrified because I knew that it would be a nightmare to correct the problem especially since I had mailed all of the forms back to the DMV. I tried calling the DMV but was left on hold for a very long time and I just didn't have the patience to deal with them that day. So I have been procrastinating calling them this week (which is terrible and I'm working on not procrastinating but the DMV just brings out the worst in me).

Well today I received in the mail all of my paperwork returned from the DMV! I was shocked. They even returned the carbon copy. I thought that I would have to go through tons of paperwork and lots of phone calls and of course standing in line at the DMV. I was so happy to get this in the mail.

I have already put the check in the mail. So for right now I am happy to report that the DMV was actually helpful. This time.

No comments: