Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lunch Conversations


Lunch time is always the hardest for me because Arden usually eats a big breakfast and she is very specific on what she wants for lunch. And of course, no two days are alike.

So here's our lunch conversation that happened this afternoon.

Me: "Arden would you like some peaches for lunch?"

Arden: "no"

Me: "How about a banana?"

Arden: "no"

Me: "watermelon?"

Arden: "no"

Me: "cantaloupe?"

Arden: "no"

Me: "crackers and cheese?"

Arden: "no"

Me: "macaroni and cheese?"

Arden: "no"

Me: "bread or a sandwich?"

Arden: "no"

Me: "soup?"

Arden: "no"

Me: "beans?"

Arden: "no"

I thought I would throw is something to see if she was just saying no to be saying no.

Me: "Cookies?"

Arden: "no"

OK now I am running out of ideas and patience and so I start naming breakfast food.

Me: "cereal?"

Arden: "no"

Me: "oatmeal?"

Arden: "yes"

So there it was. She wanted oatmeal for lunch. I fixed her a large bowl of oatmeal and she ate every last bite.




No comments: