Thursday, October 9, 2008

Christmas Comes Early... Unfortunately

Yesterday it happened out of the blue. I woke up ready to read the news and check my email and then I realized that my laptop had quietly died in the middle of the night. After spending all morning with tech support and it was determined that the LCD screen had died which was great news right?

I was told that I could easily replace the screen and my computer would be er...good as new. Until they gave me the cost to replace the screen! Yikes. Plus they only warrantied it for 90 days and there was no promise the mother board would not go bad the next day or that the screen transfer would be successful after those 90 days.

So last night Christmas came early for Dave and I as we purchased our new computer. 10 days is long time to wait on a new computer when I need mine to work from home and then yesterday I realized how much I use it without even thinking about it. The best part was Dave called me during his lunch and asked me to hop on line and look at this new computer but alas I could not.

So if you don't hear from me in the next couple of days I'm stuck back in the early 90s with no Internet or computer.

No comments: