Monday, November 17, 2008

Nesting


Today I was in the bathroom and I heard Arden downstairs opening the refrigerator door. I didn't think twice about it because I keep a milk and juice cup ready for her so she can get them in and out herself. She does a great job of getting a drink and then putting her cups back in the fridge.


So all of a sudden she opens the door to the bathroom carrying an egg! Her exact words were


"I need a nest."


She had climbed up the stairs and opened the bathroom door with a raw egg in her little hand.


I told myself not to be shocked or get upset because I did not want her to throw, drop or smash the egg. So I was moving as fast as I could to try and get the egg from her without breaking it. She is running from room to room holding the egg, running, laughing and thinking this is a game.


She kept telling me that her egg needed a nest because the egg was cold. Which by the way she was signing the word cold with the egg in her hand. Somehow I convinced her to go back downstairs and to put the egg back into the carton. I was so thankful she didn't break the egg on the carpet upstairs.


Did I mention this all occurred about 5 minutes before I had to leave for my doctor's appointment? There is never a dull day around here.


No comments: