Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Start of the Christmas Season

Last night Dave, Arden and I went to the Christmas tree lighting ceremony at our local mall. It was cold yesterday and I was debating on if we should go. Then I remembered I grew up in WV where it is always cold during the winter plus there is usually snow lying around. Plus I do pay to go skiing all day where it is always cold. So we bundled up and headed out.


When we arrived there were inflatables for the kids plus a train ride. Arden was so excited. She immediately went into the bouncer where she jumped and laughed until she was tired.


Next she got in line for the slide. It was pretty tall so I thought once she got to the top she would chicken out. However once her and Dave made it to the top, she jumped down on the slide and held Dave's hand. At the bottom I hear her yell "yea!"



Then we stood in line for the train. The train ride was cold but I'm pretty sure she enjoyed every moment of it. She told me later that the train went around in circles.


While she was on the train Raggs Kids Club Band took the stage for a couple of songs. So as soon as she jumped off the train. Dave hoisted her on his shoulders so she could see better and we walked down really close to the stage where she watched in disbelief. I could tell she was trying to figure it out since her and I were dancing earlier in the afternoon when they were on PBS Kids.

Then it was time to light the tree and after the tree lighting there were fireworks. She watched them all without getting scared.

Here are some great pictures of the night.









No comments: