Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Savor

Tonight I went to the mall alone. I honestly can't remember the last time I did this. As I walked store to store looking for bargains I noticed that every store already had out swimsuits and summer clothes. Wasn't Christmas just 3 weeks ago?

Why is it that we are so quick to rush out the old and put on the new? What happened to savoring the moment? Now I'm not talking about living in the past and not letting go but what happened to noticing the little things or savoring the moment.

I guess that I am just getting older or maybe it's because I want to enjoy my life. I know that I don't want to look back 20 years from now and not be able to remember the details of my life because I didn't take time to enjoy the moment.

So I will start shopping for my summer clothes later but for now I am going to savor the season.

No comments: