Friday, February 1, 2008

Bye-Bye

Arden has starting playing the bye-bye game this week. It is really funny to watch. She has several versions of how she likes to play. The first one is she will stand on her tippy-toes and feel around the sofa table until she is able to find some keys and then she will grab her diaper bag and come up to me and say "bye-bye" and then heads for the door.

The other version is my favorite because it is so fun and occupies her for anywhere from 10-15 minutes. We will be in her room and she will look at me and say "bye-bye"(pronounced bub-bye). She will grab the closet door and shut herself in her closet, while saying bye-bye. She will hang out in her closet (yes it is dark in there) for anywhere from 15 seconds to about a minute depending on my response.

If she hangs out in there for more than a few seconds I normally say something like "Where's Arden? I can't find her anywhere." She will fling the doors open and come out laughing or sometimes she will quietly peak out to see if I'm watching her, other times she just waits until she is ready to come out. Then the process starts all over again. It's her large scale version of bye-bye crossed with peekaboo. I love it!


Starting out....
Telling me bye-bye


Heading out... or in...

Notice her little fingers in the door. This is all her idea.

Her hanging out in the closet....only God knows what she's doing or thinking in there.


There she is...ready to go again.

No comments: