Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

On Monday I was feeding Arden lunch and she ate her peaches and I gave her some applesauce. She pushed the applesauce away and I asked her want she wanted. She replied "I want some bread." It was as plain as day. I'm not joking. My friend Jen from Michigan is here visiting us for the week. I looked at her and said did you just hear that. Jen sharing my disbelief replied "It sounded like she said I want some bread".

I had made some cranberry orange bread on Sunday and I gave Arden a slice of the bread and she ate it happily. Later the day Jen and I both tried to get her to say any of the words she said earlier and off course we could not understand a word she was saying.

I think that kids can talk but just hold back on us because they like watching us try to figure out what they are saying. I think that it is only a matter of weeks before I will have a little chatter box.

No comments: