Thursday, February 7, 2008

Grape Juice Gone!

I wanted to share one of the best tips that I have ever gotten. It is how to remove grape juice (or any other hard to remove juice) from clothing.

Before you pre-treat it with any chemicals or soap...take boiling water (a small rapid boil is what I use) and have the garment spread out over something like a coat hanger tight. Pour the boiling water directly over the stain and watch it disappear. For larger deeper stains it may take a couple of treatments of the boiling water. Disclaimer: Please be careful because you are using boiling water the garment will become instantly hot...so precede with caution.

If you pre-treat the clothes this will not work...it can be used on fresh or stains that have sat for a while. I just did a shirt of Arden's yesterday that had sat for a week and like magic it was gone.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I've been behind on my blog reading so I'm catching up...great tip, now I want someone to spill juice so I can try it!

Got your phone message, thanks for thinking of me! I'll get with you next week since you're out of town now.