Friday, March 21, 2008

Egg-Tastic

Today we celebrated Good Friday by coloring Easter eggs and hiding them in the yard for Arden to find.

I wasn't sure as I prepared the egg dye that this would be such a good idea. I thought would she like it? Would she even get into it or just make one very colorful mess that I didn't want necessary want to clean up off of Arden, the kitchen floor or myself.

I couldn't have been more wrong. She had a great time. She was very cautious at first except she would toss the eggs into the bowls. Luckily the bowls were deep enough that the dye didn't splash out too much. By the end of her dozen eggs she was stirring the dye and picking her eggs out of the dye very carefully so she didn't spill any. I can't believe that my little baby is now a little girl enjoying learning and doing new things.

After her dye job she went outside to hunt for Easter eggs in our yard. She got a kick out of it. The way that she carries the basket is so fun. She swings it through her arm, puts it upon her shoulder, bends her elbow and puts her hand behind her head. It is too much. I just loved watching her. When she picks up the eggs she just tosses them into the basket. There is no gently putting the eggs in her basket. I don't think she would be very good at collecting egg for a farmer.

Here are some great pictures and short clips of the day.




Getting ready to color eggs by putting on an old t-shirt of Daddy's.




No comments: