Thursday, December 6, 2007

Getting in on the Hustle and Bustle of Christmas

Yesterday Arden only took an hour nap. She usually naps about 3 hours in the morning and then another 2 hours in the afternoon. She is teething and just couldn't get comfortable. So I decided that we would head to the mall to get out of the house and enjoy some of the scenery. When we got there I decided to let Arden walk through the mall instead of pushing her around to try and get some of that energy out of her so she would go down for her afternoon nap.

She loved the freedom of walking around and even held my hand through the entire trip. She is already a shopper by making a bee-line to Pottery Barn Kids, Janie and Jacks, and Claire's. I must admit for a 15 month she has some great taste in clothing and home decor.

She loves the displays in front of Front Gate. It is great watching her curiously explore all of the Christmas decorations. She likes to wave at Santa from behind the velvet ropes but that is as close as she wants to get to him. She even sang along with the piano player at Nordstrom's who played Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and the Itsy Bitsy Spider especially for her.

As we started to head out she wanted me to carry her and she put her head on my shoulder. I thought to myself what a great idea and she is now ready for her nap. Well I counted my chickens before they hatched because she was full of energy when we got home and did not nap. Even though I didn't get as much done as I wanted to yesterday we had a great day of memories.

No comments: