Monday, December 3, 2007

Thirsty

Today was a great day. The weather was fairly warm for a December day. There was a shower of leaves that fell from our trees, my front entry and side walk were ankle deep in leaves. Arden and I hit the neighborhood for a mid-afternoon walk.

I had a great day at work, got a lot of stuff done around the house and felt like I accomplished more than I thought I would on this Monday. But something was missing...I felt empty. Then I realized I what it was...I hadn't had any real deep meaningful interaction with God in a while. I pray and I try to spend time with Him but what I realized what I was needing was to be drenched with Him.

So I broke into one of my Christmas gifts earlier and started my new bible study, listened to a little Travis Cottrell and I felt refreshed. I did it because I wanted to not because of obligation or guilt but because I need Him to be real to me. Sometimes all we need is to come and spend our time on what is good.

No comments: