Friday, May 9, 2008

Focus

The other night Dave came home from work feeling horrible and went straight to bed. Arden was so excited that Daddy was home and running through the house laughing and screaming. Of course, Arden had a hard time understanding that Daddy was sleeping because he didn't feel good. So I took her outside to play.

Well she grabbed my hand and headed down the hill. She waved to the neighbors and even went in their yards to say hello. She then kept heading in the direction to the park. She held my hand the entire time and would stop when a car would pass and throw her hand up to wave. She would then continue walking towards the park. Now the park is about a mile and half away from the house. I wanted to see if she knew the way and she did. I had to stop her before she thought she was heading back to the park. I convinced her that everybody was in bed like Daddy and it was her bed time too which was true because by the time we got to the house it was 8 pm.

As we were walking back I started to wonder if am I am focused as she is on things?

No comments: