Friday, May 2, 2008

I'm a Pepper, She's a Pepper

Dr. Pepper

Today I was cleaning up after a horrible diaper incident and washing my hands downstairs. As I was washing my hands I realized how quiet it was in the house. I remembered that I had a newly opened Dr. Pepper on my desk beside the computer and I had no idea where Arden is in the house. I took off running upstairs. I would hate for her to spill the Dr. Pepper all over the computer.

Well I didn't have to worry about her spilling it because she was chugging it when I saw her. She climbed up in my office chair that spins pretty easily reached over the mouse, some paperwork, grabbed the can, and sat back down in the chair without spilling a drop. The chair spun around so she was facing the door. I called out her name just to get her attention. I thought she would either look at me or or put the can down.

She must have known that she should not be drinking the Dr. Pepper because she threw it straight up in the air. It feel in her lap and fizzed up all over the place. She was covered in Dr. Pepper and the seat was soaked and her shorts were saturated with the cola. She was too stunned to give me her famous "uh-oh".

I grabbed the bathroom towels and started cleaning her and the chair up. She was so sticky. I stripped her down to her diaper and told her to go the bathroom because she needed a bath. As I was putting the towel in the laundry she had already taken off her diaper and thrown all of her toys in the tub. At least she understood how sticky she was and wanted a bath before she ate her lunch.

No comments: