Saturday, May 31, 2008

No Turning Back

Dave and I have been wanting to redo our kitchen since we moved in over 2 years ago and finally we know what we want to do with it.

Today we made it to the point of no return. We ripped out our carpets in the living room and dining room and as I type Dave is pulling off the sheet rock off of one of the walls we are taking down. Yes we are removing walls here. Our goal is to tie three rooms together into one large usable space.

The hardwoods underneath the floor aren't too terrible. We will have to wait and see if the spots will buff out. The wood is a nice cherry color that we both like. I really hope we can keep it and not have to rip it out and start from scratch.

Once the walls are out we will measure for our island and then order it and the counter tops. I can't believe we finally started this large project. Once the project is complete I will post before and after pictures.

The best part of the day was the look on Arden's face when she woke up from her nap and the carpet was missing. Her surprised look seemed to say "Am I still dreaming? Because this is not the way it was before I took my nap."

No comments: