Monday, May 5, 2008

Old Fashion Bike Ride Sorta

On Sunday it was a nice warm day. Almost perfect. Not too warm, not too cold. So we decided to head out on a bike ride as a family. Well, not really. I was the only one one a bike. I road my new bike that Dave got me, Dave ran and pushed Arden in her jog stroller. We went through the neighborhoods in our area and ended up in some gorgeous neighborhoods. It was really a great afternoon together.

Dave found a new bike for me a few weeks ago. He rescued the bike from the trash. It is a very old, has fenders but is perfect for what I was looking for. I have a mountain bike that I ride but I don't like the way I have to bend over for long periods of time. I've also told Dave that I want a beach comber that has high handlebars and a wide seat. Well he found me one and was able to get it free of charge. He said that he asked the people who were throwing out the bike if he could have it and they told him sure. We put new seat, handlebars and tires on the bike and Dave cleaned it up for me and it is perfect. Well, other than being heavy its perfect.

I took my camera but we were having too much fun to stop and take pictures. I look forward to spending many Sunday afternoons riding around with my family enjoying each other.

No comments: