Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Girl and Her Balloon


Yesterday Arden and I went to the grocery store and I gave her one of the free balloons they give out to children. I explained to her that she needed to hold on to it or she will loose it. Of course she didn't get it and let go of her balloon. She watched the balloon rise until it hit the ceiling of the store.

Today we went ran back to the grocery store to pick up a few items. I got her another balloon but this time I tied it to her wrist so she wouldn't lose it. She was so happy. She laughed at it blowing as I pushed the cart to the car. She held on tight the entire ride home. Once she got home she still won't let go. Even though I cut the ribbon off of her hand once we got home. She still held on tight.

Her nap time arrived and I laid her down and she started screaming for her balloon that was floating above her on the ceiling in her room. She stood up on her tippy-toes and reached the ribbon. She laid down with her balloon. Every time I tried to take it away from her she just cried and cried. I decided to let her fall asleep with it. I once she was a sleep I quietly went in and threaded the ribbon out of her hands because I did not want her sleeping with a "cord".

She still is holding her hand tight as she sleeps. I guess she learned her lesson of not letting go to her balloon. I hope all lessons are this easy for her remember.

No comments: