Saturday, November 3, 2007

Walking Upright at Stealth Speed

Our lives dramatically change last Friday when Arden started walking on her own. Yes she finally decided to let go of the furniture and her push toys to venture around the house on her own. A week later she has almost perfected her walk.

I knew this would be a change for me and everybody warned me about how things would change. Arden was such a fast crawler that she could get anywhere she wanted to go pretty quickly. This was my reasoning of why she didn't want to walk earlier...why should she when she could get into about anything within a matter of seconds. So how much different could it be when she started walking? She was already into everything.

Well she has now figured that she can get around even faster...she like is the the stealth walker. She is so fast and I can't hear her walk. With her crawl I always heard her pat-pat-pat-pat across the floor and the occasional thud into the wall. (She would put her head down to be become more aerodynamic and not watch where she was going. She was just determined to get there.)

The other day she was playing quietly by herself in the floor and I was eating breakfast. All of a sudden I hear Elmo say "yea!". Elmo is upstairs and attached to a standing toy so I knew he was not close by. As I started to head upstairs to see what else she had managed to get herself into I saw her coming around the corner from her room, she squatted down, slid down the stairs and headed back into the living room to continue playing. She walked right back to where she was before her trip upstairs. She didn't see me watching her. This happened all within 30 seconds. If she continues this pattern I might have a future Top Secret Operative in training.

No comments: