Monday, November 5, 2007

Lesson Learned from the Inner Ear

This morning Arden woke up around 5:30 am with a fever of 103 degrees. As I called the doctor's office I knew that she would need to be seen and I wanted to get her to the doctor's office as early as I could. She's been fighting a cold for the past couple of days but the temperature and the rash this morning had me concerned .

At the doctor's office Arden was all smiles and was even dancing a little bit for the doctor after he told us she had a double ear infection! He gave me some drops to put in her ears and she will be on amoxicillin for the next 10 days. The good news is that she is not contagious even though she is not around hardly any children during the week. (Plus she stayed home from church yesterday.)

After running around this morning getting her prescriptions filled and trying to get my kitchen back in order I started thinking about a few things I thought of/learned today.

1. Some viruses have rashes. The doctors are only concerned if they think it is either measles, mumps, rubella or the chicken poxs.


2. Don't kiss your child on the neck or around the ears after putting the ear drops in their ears. I made the mistake of doing this and my lips became numb.


3. Be prepared for medicine to come spewing across the room as you try to administer it to your child. The next dose I will be prepared for what may happen.


4. I am very grateful for our insurance policy.


5. Even more grateful that I know the Great Healer and he will take care of her.

6 comments:

Because of Love said...

We can be amoxicillin friends. Alyse started taking hers on Friday.

I am sorry that Arden is sick! Is she still teething on top of her ears and cold?

Lisa said...

I thought about Alyse yesterday when we were at the dr's. office. and yes we are teething on top of the cold and ear infection! What a day!

Because of Love said...

You are amazing! I will be praying for you!

Nancy said...

so glad to hear she's going to be alright!

...and though we do not have a child...i'm taking amoxicillin right now :)

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

i am glad she's alright (i was logged in as my mother-in-law....oops so ignore that post by 'nancy')....

Kelly H. said...

I'm sorry you are dealing with all that right now-no fun I'm sure! Hopefully she feels better quickly...