Thursday, November 15, 2007

Rub a Dub Dub Arden's in the Tub

Today Arden's schedule was off. She is still teething and just couldn't fall asleep. So I put her in the tub upstairs to distract her for a few minutes. This was special for her because we usually bathe her in the sink. She still fits and it is much easier on us.

When I first put her in the tub she started crying. I took her out and put her toys in the bath and she became curious and was ready to try it again. This time she had a great time. She even listened to me and didn't stand up in the tub. She splished and splashed and had a great time.

I would ask her if she was ready to get out and she would sign more to me. She played in the tub until she was wrinkled. She signed please telling me that she was ready to get out. I tried to lift her out and she started crying...actually screaming. I checked her over and she was fine and I noticed that she grabbed the side of the tub as I put her down and was standing up (I still had a hold of her don't worry). She was trying to get her leg over the edge of the tub. I guess she wanted to get of the tub like a big girl. She stood up while I dried her off and then walked to her room wrapped up in her towel.

All I could wonder was where did my baby go?

No comments: